Wedding Wednesday...

In honor of Lauren's upcoming wedding she has asked for many a bloggers to post about their wedding bliss, soon to be wedding, or just dreams of their some day wedding. I, however, get to blog about my wedding! Cause I'm married, YES!
Let me just start off by saying that Hubby and I had started planning in September 07. BUT... when it came around to be, maybe February 08, we had the great idea to get married in Hawaii. Hubby was traveling with a minister at the time, and was going to be in Hawaii the week of May 26. So that is the reason we chose Hawaii. We got all our tickets and family came with us, well some of the family flew down there, and we got married on THE BEACh.
My hair was so simple, it was pulled loosely back into a small curly bun.I loved my dress, it was even more simple than my hair. There was no lace, beads, etc any where on my dress, I was going for simple, obviously. I did however...choose a cathedral length veil. It was so beautiful and went perfect with my dress. The wind picked it up and everything, proved to be the best choice in my situation. Our wedding party was extremely small too. It was my hubby's two best friends, Jon + Tim, and Tabitha (From Fresh Mommy), Jeremy's sister and my best friend, as my matron of honor. My cousin, who couldn't make it, was my other matron of honor. Also, that big guy with the Ukulele was not part of our wedding party. He played beautiful songs with his ukulele. And... the white haired guy is Jeremy's Dad, check out his blog HERE, who is a minister at Faith City church, where we attend. And he married us, which was so awesome for Hubby and I.

We had a photographer who did an awesome job and took great photos. But... we couldn't go without having it video taped too. It was so awesome to watch the video. I had a hard time remembering it, it went by so fast. So getting it video taped is a must, but you have to get pictures done too. SO... do both!
After being married for almost 4 months hubby and I had a reception in Michigan with Family and Friends who could not make it to the wedding in Hawaii. It wasn't very extravagant, but, it was still wonderful.
We had the food catered by a friend and co-worker of my mothers. My mother is not a cook, and she does not work at a catering place. This lady works with my mother in a office, but does catering as a side thing. But she did a wonderful job, and since we had a tight budget it worked out for us.
We had a sheet cake, nothing fancy, but If I was able to have the cake of my dreams it would have looked something like this..
Yes... that's it, that green and chocolate brown beauty. LOL. This is the cake I originally would have had. I love the green and brown colors together. That was the whole theme of my Michigan wedding.
Hubby and I both wore white, and so did his groomsmen. My bridesmaid wore brown, and she looked sexy, (woot to, Tabitha)
And here are the favors I made ALL by my self. Well, hubby helped a bit, he cut ribbon for me, and helped form the square boxes. Thanks Jeremy. What I did with these is made heart shaped chocolate and put mints in with them. Took me 5 days to finish all of it. Those molds took FOREVER.
Well... our wedding was how we wanted it, and we loved it. Not the most fanciest, but I would have to say being in Hawaii, was so romantic. It was definitely the wedding of MY dreams.
WOW. maybe I could have said more... LOL

...Crystal...

9 comments:

Jess said...

awe, such a gorgeous location to get married at.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh My Gosh! You guys are adorable and I LOVE LOVE your whole wedding! Way to pick something that has such a beautiful backdrop for your photos and your family to remember.

You are a beautiful couple! Keep working hard at being married (from 11 year veteran)!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE your blog it is soo cute!

Tabitha Blue said...

It was such a gorgeous day and beautiful wedding!! So glad I could be a part of it!!

brionyskerjance said...

i love the pic with the veil blowing in the wind...that is my favorite even though they are all absolutely beautiful.

Celine said...

Oh my! I just love your wedding story!
Simple yet absolutely beautiful!
Congratz (yeah a bit late but better late than never right? lol)

djp said...

your wedding was so beautiful!!! I think I'll blog about mine now hehe

and yes, salted caramel hot chocolate caught my curious eye and I'm glad I tried it :) You'll have to let me know what you think!

Lauren and Justin said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! those pics made me tear up a little!! was a sweet romantic wedding :) thanks for playing along!

Mallorie said...

Hawaii?! How fun! I'm jealous...I want to go there...

Anonymous said...

Your page is beautiful and your pictures are beautiful, too.

I am just starting out and want to do a blog.

I don't quite have the nerve.

Your pictures make me think I shouldn't do it!!


HOMEaboutmebymecontactME