Self-esteem Sunday

Photobucket

I really had to think for this one. Like Melody, I was trying to think of a moment when I was a child when my self-esteem was boosted, and not saying I was encouraged or had any moments when I was young, but to be honest, I have a hard to thinking of something when I'm thinking of it. So I usually think of something when I'm not on purpose thinking of it. So give me a few mins......
Okay, I think I've got something. When I was much younger, possibly around the age of 12, I started cheerleading. It was the girlish things I did when I was young. See, If you knew me I was such a tom boy it was ridiculous. But, cheerleading I felt like a girl, and I did it pretty good too. The coaches had me try out the next 3 years and every year I made it. I was always being told that I was so cute, I did such a great job with my stances, and one season I even got to be the "head cheerleader" by being able to say READY SET, before we started a cheer. So you can imagine how I felt about that. I really had fun doing tht. Although, when I got into highschool, cheerleading didn't seem as attractive. Let me just say, girls+drama= I don't want to be involved. And High School was like that. Maybe thats why I did homeschooling for the last 2 years of high school, LOL.
Well, that is my self-esteem Sunday. Maybe I'll think about next weeks self-esteem sunday better, LOL.
Woot, for Self-esteem sunday!
Check out Melody's Self-esteem Sunday, you can also find there other ladies' self-esteem sundays!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Yeah, that's a hard one to think of... I didn't do it yet! LOL That was a good one though, that would've boosted mine too. :)

Antoinette Marie said...

i remembered a cheerleading self-esteem moment when i read your story. my mom was a dance teacher since before i was born so i was, and still am, fairly limber. so i got to do the splitz in front of the pyramids cause i was the only one who could do them. thanks for refreshing the memory for me. blessings...

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh this is a GREAT post! I'm sorry I didn't come by...you didn't sign Mr. Linky, so I didn't know you had done it. :-) You'll have to join this weekend. I made it MUCH easier! lol I'll post it late Friday night.

Thanks so much for participating!!

~melody~


HOMEaboutmebymecontactME