30 Days Of Fall + Day 11

Pumpkins... ooey gooey goodness... to your hands that is. Last night I got to feel that gooeyness in between my fingers, and I felt just like a kid again. Of course when I was a kid I didn't sort out the seeds, I just threw those with the guts. Yeah, that's right the guts. LOL. My grandfather was always the one sorting through the seeds and guts, he liked to cook them. But he didn't want us wasting time getting those seeds, our jobs were to carve the pumpkins. I love when those memories fall back into my brain.
I didn't even use a spoon to cut this bad boy, I used my hands the whole time.
And here we have the end result. Its Frankenstein. HEhehe...
FYI:: I did not carve this free hand, as much as I wish I did, I did not. Maybe next year I'll have to try and carve something cool like this free hand. What I did was print off a template HERE, and taped the paper on my gutted pumpkin, and took a toothpick and poked holes along the black. When I outlined the all the black, I then took the paper off the pumpkin, grabbed my carving tool and carved that bad boy. It was really easy, and fun too. Sometimes the angles can get tricky, so be careful on the pattern you choose.

Toodles

Photobucket

10 comments:

Jess said...

How cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

nice work missy! blessings...

Tabitha Blue said...

Great job!!! It looks so cute!

Cassie said...

Cute pumpkin! Have you ever seen the pumpkin carving tools? They're like little saws and make carving those angles SO MUCH EASIER than using a knife.

brionyskerjance said...

So fun! Jess, Pete and I are carving ours tomorrow...I am super excited! I may have to print off a cool template :)

Jaden Paige said...

What a friendly Frankenstein. So cute! Thanks for stopping by...

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Who cares if you used a template, it is awesome.

Tiffany said...

So cute! Great job!

Kimberly said...

Great job on the pumpkin. I've not carved one yet. Just painted them so far.

Tara Bennett said...

FRANKly, those are the cutest pumpkins I've ever seen! Good job!


HOMEaboutmebymecontactME