30 Days Of Fall + Day 16

What sticky, gooey, scrumptious substance do you enjoy putting on your toast, muffin, or maybe even a waffle? Some people would say... JAM. Thats right... JAM. At school today we made just that. But we didn't make just any kind of JAM we made strawberry jam!
First every one helped me cut up the strawberries into small pieces. *We talked about knifes and how to properly use them, and to never use them without an adult present. They are Tools NOT toys.
Then we each had a turn to smoosh the strawberries up real good. We crushed them into tiny pieces, and there was lots and lots of strawberry juice in the bowl. That's a good sign!
After we smooshed up the strawberries we put it into a big pot. We added sugar and Fruit Pectin that I picked up at Wal-Mart. We waited and watched it get to a boil, all the while I stirred it up. After it boiled for a few mins I skimmed the foam off the top. *We sang our Christmas recital songs while we waited.
After we took the jam off the heat we waited for it to cool down and jarred it. I sanitized the jars and lids before we jarred the jam. *Very important
We had cute labels for the jars too. One side said Learning Zone Preschool and the child's name who's jar it belonged too. *they got to fill up their own jar, of course with my help, the openings are fairly small, LOL. And the other label had the name of our Jelly/Jam on it. One of the kids thought of it, it's A Jelly Jar's Favorite Jelly. I thought it was a cute and unique name for Jam. LOL. Course he said Jelly so I left it. LOL.
It was loads and loads of sticky fun!

Toodles
Photobucket

15 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

OMG!! How fun and it looks good too! Ugh, why did you have to do this on Wednesday???!!! Aliyah would've loved it... and I could've tasted it when she brought it home. :(

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

That jam looks delicious! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! I bet that was soo good! i have never made homemade jam before!

Elyse said...

how fun! what a great activity! it is so good for kids to get to help cook!! :)
Im so happy for you that you and your husband can pray together about our country. What a blessing! :)
Have a great day!

FROGGITY! said...

that's precious. a great idea! i bet it tasted good, too. i love strawberry jam! and just look at those little hands doing the work. that's too darling.

Aleta said...

I love all of the pictures to go along with the process. It looks SO yummy and a lot of fun too! How precious!

Antoinette Marie said...

nice joy, good teaching experience...way to go! blessings...

Mc Allen said...

yummmmmmmy!!! Now I'm hungry, thanks!!! hehehehe. I'll have to settle for my store bought jam :( Looks so good! LA

brionyskerjance said...

this looks like so much fun...and the end result looks delicious!

Kimora, Kariah, and Kajanae's Mommy said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, Crystal! I suppose you can understand my difficulties in getting Kimora to enjoy preschool being that you're a preschool teacher! Your jelly looks really yummy; my grandma used to make jelly out of violets and dandelions!

Kimberly said...

Mmmm, looks yummy! Love the photos on your blog ~ what camera do you use?

Thanks for the compliment on my little "Tink".

Cassie said...

Looks messy, but definitely yummy. Better than crayon eating for sure!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

A Jelly Jar's Favorite Jelly - SO cute!!!

I'll take 400 jars please...looks sooooooooooooooo yummy! :)

Yes, 400. lol

Jess said...

I will take 400 jars too. I love lil kid stuff like that, so cute. :D

Lesley said...

Yum...stopping by way of SITS...by way of another blog...and then someone elses blog.....definitely will be back....


HOMEaboutmebymecontactME