30 Days Of Fall + Day 12

I Love Cookies... although my favorite kind of cookie is chocolate chip cookies, YUMMO! But, putting into consideration the kids at the daycare, and the specific holiday, I decided to make pumpkin shaped sugar cookies. That's right, sugar cookies. Not my favorite, but any young kids favorite. So, I set out to find a recipe. Here is what I found...
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1-1/3 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight). I just stuck my dough in a sealed ziploc bag in the freezer for 15 mins.

2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

As you can see in this picture here I did not have a rolling pin to roll out my dough, so guess what I used.... that's right, the sauce jar. I lathered some flour on it, and rolled our my dough. Hey, it worked.

Then I used a round condiments bowl we have to cut out the circle shape, then I used a knife to cute little rectangle pieces, and I connected those to the top of the circles, and wala, a pumpkin
HMMM... Baked to perfection. I colored vanilla frosting orange and green. And after they cooled down I frosted those bad boys, and I was finished. It was so fun, and really easy too. And believe it or not, I did NOT burn one batch of cookies.

They turned our GREAT! I love parties!

Tooldes

Photobucket

6 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

That's great! I bet the kids just loved them!! I wish I could've seen more of the party today :( They were all so cute!!!!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

yummy! i love the frosting...and my hubby and kiddos love frosted cookies. good work...now send me some cookies too! ha!

Aleta said...

Great pictures! Greg likes sugar cookies. Wish he was diabetic, I'd make these for him!

Anonymous said...

good work sister...any left???

☆ Loren ☆ said...

I'm glad you liked the idea of the 101 goals! Basically the mission is to SET & COMPLETE 101 realistic goals and challenges to complete in 1001 days. (Aprox. 2.75 years)! If you want to learn more check it out here...
http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/default.asp

I might actually make a post about this on my blog so others can join in on the fun! ;)!

The cookies look delicious by the way!!!

brionyskerjance said...

the cookies look yummy! haha i bet the kiddies loved you :) Wally-World is by arch nemesis....hahaha

hope you all can make it tonight!


HOMEaboutmebymecontactME